Northern Sydney Cycling Club has been running criterium road races at Beaumont road on sunday mornings and public holidays since the mid-80s. Affectionately known as the Beauie Worlds we usually have a healthy turn out of 60 to 100 racers spread out amongst four grades. This NSCC club race is part of the Northside Combine Program which incorporates 5 other northside clubs. Races are usually held on the third Sunday of the month. Check the NSCC Events Calendar for the latest race dates.
55 minutes + 2 laps (ave 41km/h+)
45 minutes + 2 laps (ave 39km/h)
35 minutes + 2 laps (ave 36km/h)
25 minutes + 2 laps (ave 34km/h)
$20 Seniors, $15 Women, $10 Juniors
All grades paid for first 3 places paid pro rata
NOTE: You must present a Current ACF License to race and be wearing an Australian Standards helmet.
Being a member of Northern Sydney Cycling Club gives you an Australian Cycling Federation (ACF) License which allows you to race at NSW and Australian open road races. Click here to visit the Cycling NSW website calendar.
Details of upcoming races in the Sydney area are listed here:
It has been club policy for many years to assist those members who make the effort to participate in races scheduled in the Cycling NSW Open calendar throughout the year. Historically we would support riders individually but with our new focus on taking teams away to the major races we will now support seniors through the provision of race transport and accommodation packages.
1. State A graded open riders, training and racing in NSCC kit are entitled to 1 free club kit (knicks and jersey). Please put your request in writing to the club secretary and it will be reviewed by the committee.
2. Riders may seek additional support via a written request to the club treasurer which will be reviewed by the committee at the next meeting. The request must include targeted races, what support is being sought, approximate value and why support is required. Confidentiality to be respected within the committee only.
3. Each year for a selected list of state opens the club will arrange transport and accommodation, subsidising the cost of such arrangements. Refer to the CALENDAR for the events targeted.
4. Juniors U19 and below are entitled to 100% reimbursement for Cycling NSW state opens and NSW state or Australian national championship races (NB: not national series or interstate races), provided they train and race in NSCC kit.
In order to apply for a refund you will need to make an application on this form. You will also have to substantiate your claim with a copy of the registration receipt which you received when you registered on line. Note that the refund applies only if you complete the race. A DNF for any reason means no refund – please do not waste our time. For administration purposes, the club has set three deadlines for claims throughout the year. All refunds for races in the first 4 months of the year are to be lodged by the end of May, all refunds for the next 4 months are to be lodged by the end of September, and all refunds for the last 4 months of the year are to be lodged by the end of January. Unfortunately, the club cannot process claims made outside these cut-off dates. The club does not mind you claiming monthly if you wish, however, the cut-off dates must be strictly adhered to. When completed, email the form together with your registration receipt to the club treasurer email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your claim will be assessed for approval at the first committee meeting after receipt of the claim.
1. You must start and complete the race in which you are claiming support for.
2. Claims and requests for special support must be submitted in accordance with the cut-off dates and to the club treasurer.
All claims and requests must be reviewed and approved by the Committee.
3. All reimbursements will be in the form of a cheque.
This support does not apply where a separate team sponsor or agreement is already supporting riders unless specifically approved by the club committee.
4. Riders must race in the current club sponsored clothing. Sponsored clothing must be approved by the club committee and bear the current major club sponsors.
5. This policy applies only to current financial members.
6. This policy is subject to review and change by the club at anytime.
Note: reference to approval by the club committee requires the President, Secretary and Treasurer.
If you want to have a look at what racing entails, come on up to Beaumont Road, Mt Kuring-gai. NSCC hosts racing on the 3rd Sunday of each month from 8.00 – 9.00am.
Check out the Calendar and Racing Page for more information. The bigger the spectator crowd, the more fun it can be!
If you intend to race, please be reminded that you are required to hold a current Cycling NSW license to be eligible to race.