A Sunday social through the renowned gorges of Sydney,
We are asking all riders on Churches to do the following while COVID-19 restrictions are in place:
• Ensure your club membership and contact details are current
• Download Strava and join the NSCC Strava group
• Register your attendance on the club ride page for each club ride (eg El Prez, Le Reve etc) before attending
• When finishing your ride, ensure it is set to public.
This will enable us to track who attends what ride for contact tracing purposes, regardless of where and when you jump on and off the bunch. As most riders are on Strava already, using this means minimal changes to how we already conduct our rides.
If you are not a current member (eg you are planning on joining soon and want to ‘try out’ a bunchie) please contact the committee either via the club FB page or email secretary1@northernsydneycyclingclub with your contact details before attending a ride.
• Riders are encouraged to download and run the Covidsafe app
• Do not turn up if you have experienced respiratory symptoms or if they have had contact with anyone with coronavirus in the last 14 days
• Follow social distancing rules when not riding
• Be self-sufficient in terms of food and drink.
The Sunday Churches ride starts off at the top of Carrington Road just off the start of Galston Road. We head through Galston Gorge onto Berowra Waters then climb up to Berowra. Depending on the group, coffee can either be in Berowra or the group may choose to descend Brooklyn Hill and go for coffee afterward at Estuary (Kangaroo Point) or Brooklyn Marina. This ride is considered a social no drop ride where all riders will wait at the top of climbs and proceed as a group. Typically the group is back just between 9:00am and 10:15am depending on where the ride goes after Berowra and how long you take for coffee.
Attire: Club kit not necessary.
Ride Profile: Click here.
TEMPO | 28 KPH AVG
Strava route: https://www.strava.com/routes/11798425
Please note: There are no official sanctioned club run training rides due to possible liability issues for the club.
However there are several rides where a number of cyclists turn up regularly and ride in a group. Anyone is most welcome to join these bunches but please be aware that you will be responsible for your own safety when riding.
Bring lights if needed and your common sense. Riders in bunches will always have the safety of every member in the bunch as a main concern but ultimately the club will not accept any responsibility for any accidents that may occur.
Ride etiquette guide: https://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/NSCC_Guide_to_Rider_Etiquette.pdf