This is the club’s flagship ride and is considered the fastest of the Saturday morning rides.
We are asking all riders to do the following while COVID-19 restrictions are in place:
• Ensure your club membership and contact details are current
• Download Strava and join the NSCC Strava group
• Register your attendance on the club ride page for each club ride (eg El Prez, Le Reve etc) before attending
• When finishing your ride, ensure it is set to public.
This will enable us to track who attends what ride for contact tracing purposes, regardless of where and when you jump on and off the bunch. As most riders are on Strava already, using this means minimal changes to how we already conduct our rides.
If you are not a current member (eg you are planning on joining soon and want to ‘try out’ a bunchie) please contact the committee either via the club FB page or email secretary1@northernsydneycyclingclub with your contact details before attending a ride.
• Riders are encouraged to download and run the Covidsafe app
• Do not turn up if you have experienced respiratory symptoms or if they have had contact with anyone with coronavirus in the last 14 days
• Follow social distancing rules when not riding
• Be self-sufficient in terms of food and drink.
The ride commences at Pearces Corner at 6:10AM and passes Hornsby Pool about 6:15 – 6:20am where it picks up another group of riders. The ride then descends through Bobbin Head, through St Ives and out to Terrey Hills. From Terrey Hills turn off some riders choose to turn left to hook up with the Le Reve rider, most head down through Akuna Bay and then back up to the top.
We wait to regroup then head swiftly back to Pierres Coffee shop at Turramurra at approx 8.20am where we meet up with the riders from Le Reve. After the morning coffee there are two choices to get back to Hornsby, some riders who are short of time usually head straight up the highway to Hornsby, others will descend through Bobbin Head one more time before heading back to Hornsby.
Attire: Club kit is expected to be worn on this ride.
FAST | 30-32KPH AVG
please note: There are no official sanctioned club run training rides due to possible liability issues for the club.
However there are several rides where a number of cyclists turn up regularly and ride in a group. Anyone is most welcome to join these bunches but please be aware that you will be responsible for your own safety when riding.
Bring lights if needed and your common sense. Riders in bunches will always have the safety of every member in the bunch as a main concern but ultimately the club will not accept any responsibility for any accidents that may occur.
Ride etiquette guide: https://www.northernsydneycyclingclub.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/NSCC_Guide_to_Rider_Etiquette.pdf